Just want to let you know that my “PIAs Need Not Apply” post in this edition of the Carnival of Education, hosted by The Education Wonks. Check out the array of education blog offerings!
- "That is a great blog you have there.--jay" Jay Mathews, Washington Post education writer
- Just Saying No--to Accelerated Math
- Anxiety and Giftedness
- Why Elementary Teachers Overlook the Verbally Gifted Child
- SAT Prep...for 7th Graders?
- 75th Percentile
- Introversion and the Highly Gifted
- "There's Gifted, and Then There's Profoundly Gifted"
- Why You Should Fill Out that Application for the Highly Gifted Center Program
- Forced March: PTA Meeting Reveals Math Trail of Tears
- The "More" Child. All rights reserved. Copyright 2007-2010.
Twitter.comYeah, I'm on Twitter. Follow me if you want to at http://www.twitter.com/SwitchedonMom but I can't promise a follow. Sorry. I've got too much Twitter crazy at work.
- acceleration achievement gap advocacy AP applications art Blogging board of education Brain Center for the Highly Gifted Center program challenge index charter school college creativity CTY curriculum differentiation down county consortium early childhood early college education election elementary school exceptionally gifted Gifted Gifted - Montgomery & Fairfax County GROUPS GT/LD highly gifted high school Homeschooling Homeschooling - DC area humanities IB identification IQ Jay Mathews Jerry Weast kindergarten magnet program MAP-R maryland math MCPS middle school montgomery county mpcs MSA music NCLB overexcitabilities parent advocacy parenting parent involvement preschool private school profoundly gifted PTA reading red zone SAT School social emotional standardized testing subject acceleration summer teacher technology teen temperment testing toddler verbally gifted Washington DC work/life balance
- 391,360 hits